Verium testnet now live!

Discussion in 'VeriTalk' started by effectsToCause, Aug 20, 2016.

1. effectsToCause

effectsToCause VeriCoin Creator Administrator

veryveriviral, Janek and Alben like this.
  2. pi933

pi933 Veri Dedicated

3. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

I am liking the wallet so far. Before I expend too much resources, is the testnet going to carry over or is this simply testing? I will help test either way, but I cannot justify multiple systems mining coins that will ultimately not be anything.

veryveriviral and Alben like this.
  4. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

Also, should I import private keys or not. I have not participated in a testnet for any crypto before, but I am very pro VRC and am trying to participate in the testnet to help check the network etc.

5. ScottAllyn

ScottAllyn ¿ʇɐɥʍ VeriAwesome

Clayboyn, the TestNet will be shut down once VRM goes live, so any coins earned during testing will be lost. There's no real reason to import your privkeys unless you just want to test that in the new wallet.

pi933, that wallet scaling in Parallels is really odd! Something funky with the fonts, maybe? I have it running on my desktop system and a tiny shuttle box (bout the size of an external blu-ray player). Both are Windows 10. Scaling looks OK, even over Team Viewer:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12472870/Linked/temp/vrm-testnet-x2.jpg

Having some stability issues on the little shuttle. In the last hour that the wallets have been running, the Shuttle's wallet has crashed 5 times (no useful error message). The desktop wallet has been stable. Both are Windows 10, latest build. Shuttle has 16 GB of RAM, Desktop has 32 GB.

veryveriviral, Janek and souljah1h like this.
  6. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

veryveriviral likes this.
  7. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

Do you know why on the VRC wallet I never actually have anything listed as staking? I have wallet unlocked for staking and the chip at the bottom right turns white and says that I am staking. I usually held VRC on an exchange, but I downloaded the wallet about a month ago.
    I am unsure if there is a bug with windows 10 not showing a number associate with staking or if I am in fact not actually staking.

8. ScottAllyn

Clayboyn, If you have a relatively low number of VRC, it could be a loooong time before the coins actively stake. You'll still get the same APR in the long run, you just won't see the coins actively staking very often.

9. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

I have been keeping over 2,000 VRC available, staking chip claims Expected time to earn interest is 2 days. Does this seem correct? Or is this still a low amount of VRC?

10. ScottAllyn

Seems like you should have seen them stake by now, but I don't have a real good feel for that. Best wait for Doug to reply.

11. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

Okay I appreciate you trying to help. I don't like that I'm using a 32 bit wallet on a 64 bit operating system, but the windows wallet link on the VRC site seems to only be for 32 bit. Could potentially be part of the problem.

12. birty555

birty555 Member

Windows wallet and mining working well - 500HPS on i7 6700k with 16gb ram. Even got a couple of blocks

Really like the logo as well

veryveriviral and Alben like this.
  13. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

assuming you mean hash per minute?

14. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

i7 3770 I am running 4.7 hash per second at half power.

15. clayboyn

clayboyn VeriSocial

3 blocks found in approx 30 minute time frame.

16. birty555

birty555 Member

Yeah - HPM - didnt read it right!

veryveriviral likes this.
  17. Alben

Alben Member

Hahaha. I had 3 blocks and didn't realize this was for testing. Shame on me. I love the interface!

18. Alben

Alben Member

So once we get the wallet, we can import our vericoin wallet private key (wallet.dat right?) once we load the verium wallet? That's how we will be able to access our swapped verium?

19. souljah1h

souljah1h infinite potential Forum Staff

Vericoin Wallet > Export Priv key
    Verium Wallet > Import Priv key

Not sure if you can copy paste the wallet.dat from the Vericoin folder into the Verium wallet. @effectsToCause would know

veryveriviral and Janek like this.
  20. ScottAllyn

If your wallet is crashing when mining with the Number of Processors set to it's highest number, try reducing that number by one. Doug suggested that I try this on my "crashy" wallet and it worked - 'haven't had a crash in hours.