Price Speculation

Discussion in 'VeriTalk' started by LibertyNow, Oct 14, 2014.

1. LibertyNow

LibertyNow Veri Dedicated

Blek, 1600 satoshis? Wow, I hope not, although, I am still buying at the discount prices.

Ernie_C and veryveriviral like this.
  2. SamInTampa

SamInTampa VeriImpressive

3. LooTz

LooTz Guest

yup I keep doing a 50/50 split vrc/supernet

4. LooTz

LooTz Guest

I will start buying at 9k looks like a good spot

veryveriviral likes this.
  5. veryveriviral

veryveriviral VeriCoin Marketing/PR/Media Forum Staff

Yeah that seems reasonable.

6. LooTz

LooTz Guest

Bottom 7274, Top 8354 - I am such a bad gambler

7. LibertyNow

I'm not going to pretend that I'm happy with the low price, but historically when the devs are quiet and the price is getting beaten down, it means new things are coming. So I'm going to keep accumulating and look forward to the new HD software and other updates and the sub sequential price increase.

Ernie_C, VeriDoge and veryveriviral like this.
  8. veryveriviral

I still think anywhere from here to 10k sat is an absolute steal.

Ernie_C likes this.
  9. Amalgamus

Amalgamus VeriSocial

Just bought 11500 vrc at 6300 sat, never bought so low before.

10. pi933

pi933 Veri Dedicated

Wow, I put in some low buy orders never really expecting them to be filled. They're filled. Wish I had more BTC available to buy more...

11. veryveriviral

I'll be jumping in (again) myself. Want to see how this red market shakes out first.

Ernie_C likes this.
  12. Rekatan

Rekatan Minesweeper Forum Staff

Most alts are getting hit right now, but vericoin in particular seems to be dumping hard. Has anyone seen any indication of why this is? It already was very low, it's now starting to fall in market cap into the same area as coins that have been script clones start to finish. I'm at a loss for how a coin that's seen so much love from the devs and so much innovation could even be in the same ballpark as script coins that haven't been touched since release.

13. LibertyNow

I picked up another 25k at around 5200, very pleased. It's my understanding this dump is from that Ryan character who stole the 4M VRC from Mintpal's cold storage. I'm sure there's plenty more today.

In general, this is pretty bad luck for the devs and all financially/emotionally invested hands. This could have been any coin, but because we had such a close relationship with the Mintpal/Moolah peeps, they had the most coin....sigh....some of the devs also lost a significant amount of money straight up investing in MintPal. VRC is quite an incredible coin and to be so tainted by things out of our hands is really rough.

On the bright side, for those of you willing to keep buying and holding, this is a pretty good price. :)

yoshiwatusi and veryveriviral like this.
  14. veryveriviral

It's brutal out there...

Attached Files:

15. Rekatan

Rekatan Minesweeper Forum Staff

The fork/rollback a couple months ago dealt with the Mintpal hack. Was there another theft?

16. Ernie_C

Ernie_C ☆ Verified ☆ Forum Staff

I wouldn't expect m̶u̶c̶h̶ ANY buy support on Bittrex until they re-enable their BTC wallet. As it is right now, you can only sell VRC on their exchange.

Of course, this just had to happen a moment after I bought some BTC on Coinbase and waited 40 minutes for the three confirmations on the blockchain. Ugh.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    veryveriviral likes this.
  17. APimpNamedPutin

APimpNamedPutin VeriGreat

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity... to buy all the coins you ever wanted... One moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

18. LooTz

LooTz Guest

ROFL I captured it at 5k'ish

19. LibertyNow

I hate saying this, but I think there's more dumps to come. There's no way even half of that 4M has been unloaded.

20. LooTz

LooTz Guest

I agree I didnt spend it all yet lol