How do I get access to my wallet again?

Discussion in 'VeriTalk' started by Diji, May 29, 2017.

1. Diji

Diji Member

Hi everyone,

well i am not new to Vericoin (but new to Verium) and I know I should still have some coins in my windows wallet (last backup 24.01.2015 DAT file) but i remember giving up because i kept trying to instal the update which did not work. Now i would like to re-activate my wallet if i can pass this "passphrase" thing. I do not remember my last password and i guess there is not way to recover it.
    Did password requirements change since 2015? Can anyone please tell me the requirements? Maybe then I will remember :(

Thanks!
    Diji

2. pnosker

pnosker Administrator

If there was no password, the wallet would have asked you to create one. But since there is one, it was definitely set up by you or someone using your computer.

3. Diji

Diji Member

Thank you Pat!

Password problem is fixed, now i have wallet problem and or wallet has a problem with me...:D

I am using Windows 8.1 and i have downloaded the latest version of wallet, after deleting everything else but these files:

Wallet.DAT last update 1/24/2015
    vericoin.conf last update 5/24/2014

When i close the wallet, the icon disappears and i have to install it again but it wont show in my list of installed programs.

Also when i look into this folder:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\VeriCoin
    there are still only wallet.dat and vericoin.conf files, nothing else. :thumbsdown:

I have tried to reload the blockchain, but the download will stop after few seconds.
    Also, i have downloaded the latest bootstrap. Now i am lost... dont know what else to do.. :(

Is there anyone that can help, or should i go and leave the wallet for another 2 years?

4. Diji

Diji Member

is there a download for Windows Wallet 64-bit?

5. Diji

Diji Member

is there any way to get response on my issue? this was the exact reason why i took a break for 2 years. because i never get response to this question (see the last 2 posts above)

ps. when downloading the Windows Wallet, the shortcut is not created.

6. effectsToCause

effectsToCause VeriCoin Creator Administrator

Hi

Just catching up on this. You ran the installer for windows 32 bit right? We currently only have 32bit wallet for windows but are working on the 64bit. The 32bit will work fine though once I figure out what issue you are having with the install. One thing you could try doing is going to add/remove programs in windows settings and uninstalling the old or current one whatever is listed and then running the installer again.

7. Diji

Diji Member