First Marketing ad campaign prep

Discussion in 'VeriTalk' started by effectsToCause, Feb 10, 2017.

1. pi933

pi933 Veri Dedicated

Well, we paid them in VRC and for marketing it's not a "huge" amount of money. They're basically doing us a favor and probably doing this in whatever little spare time they have. It'll get done and I think it will be fantastic... patience is necessary.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Ernie_C likes this.
  2. Vishera

Vishera @Vishera310 Forum Staff

So the waiting is almost over. Time to see the final product.

Ernie_C likes this.
  3. Ernie_C

Ernie_C ☆ Verified ☆ Forum Staff

I've been closely following Vericoin since before they had that party at the Bitcoin Center in NYC back in 2014 so don't worry, I've been and will continue to be extremely patient. :) :thumbsup:

That event in itself has to be one of the early highlights in the story of VRC, really. Oh, and now that I'm thinking about it, here's a good vid that I had bookmarked from back then. If there are people you know who are into Bitcoin but don't know much about Vericoin, you can even tell them that the devs once had a party at the Bitcoin Center in New York City:

4. Vishera

Ahh, back then. Wish I could have gone, but I'm all the way in Chicago. If yall come to Chicago we can have a big party!!!

Ernie_C likes this.
  5. aimeo

aimeo Member

My guess is the limited "marketing" campaign probably won't do much anyway. Concentrate on the tech and mining community and when the price rises that'll be plenty of marketing. It might be better to wait and roll out the marketing when the dual wallet is near completion.

6. vtec2liter

vtec2liter VeriAwesome

You guys should seriously look into what Nexus is doing as far as mining.

7. Vishera

What are they doing?

8. Devin

Devin Member

I'm excited for the added publicity.

Ernie_C likes this.
  9. Vishera

I think we all are.

Ernie_C likes this.
  10. Devin

Devin Member

Imagine a world where every coffee maker runs a Verium thread on spare cpu power.
    ;)

11. Vishera

Why would a coffee maker mine Verium on a spare CPU? Why would a coffee maker have a CPU?

For much of the IoT I just don't understand.

12. Devin

Devin Member

Most devices have low power MIPS or ARM processors to control the logic.

Ernie_C likes this.
  13. Ernie_C

If this thing doesn't take off at some point my patience here will be the death of me, financially. The opportunity cost has become increasingly difficult to justify especially after I sell yet another high-volume trading coin to buy this one when VRC practically sits there while the other one goes up 40% in a few hours. I'm sure I'm not alone here either and that is probably much of the reason why the volume is so low, because in the fast-paced world of cryptocurrency, parking your money in something that is being worked on at a snail's pace, which gets very little publicity, where only a small handful of insiders know what's really going on is not something that most sane people would ever consider doing. At this point I think that maybe I'm only still here not only because of my emotional and previous financial investment (I spent over $1.5K out of my own pocket marketing VRC) but also out of respect and admiration for Doug's and Pat's hard work and the knowledge that they're both capable of pulling this whole thing off eventually. Anyway, as I said previously, I do have patience but at the same time, it would be nice to see this coin get the recognition that it deserves, which is why I was asking about how things were going with Blue Lynx Marketing. I guess I should also add that since they were paid in VRC that one would think that it would be in their best interest to take advantage of the recent surge in crypto trading (by expediting the ad campaign) in the effort to see VRC go up in price.

14. Vishera

Nice to hear what you have to say and I understand your frustration. We all here have put in a lot of time, money, and emotions into this coin and yet prices are still low, (But going up) and development is slow. We keep saying patience and patience is the key, and it is.

Keep your head up here and it'll all be worth it in the end.

Ernie_C likes this.
  15. Ernie_C

Thanks, Vishera. Intuition tells me that you're probably right and I think that one thing is almost certain and that's that VRC has been and continues to be accumulated at these levels so what we're experiencing right now is likely just the quiet before the storm.

Vishera likes this.
  16. SOOSHI

SOOSHI Member

If I ever sell this will cause a wild upswing as with most coins I sold lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ernie_C and Vishera like this.
  17. Vishera

I don't know if there will be a time where I will sell this coin. I hope that it comes to the point where I don't have to sell the coin, but at the point to where I can go out in the real world, or in the online world, that I can spend the coin.

With volume being low. Low being under 100 BitCoin, I don't see it worth it to currently use VeriCoin as a currency. Due to the price fluctuation with ShapeShift for anytime you try to spend more than $10 in VeriCoin. (or any coin you trade on ShapeShift).

18. Vishera

This is quiet before the storm. It's getting louder now, and soon, the thunder will boom, it'll sound like an atomic bomb, and people all over the world are going to hear it.

19. Ernie_C

Things have been difficult as of late so unfortunately, I had to sell in order to pay some bills. I'm out until I can find a way to make some money.

20. Ernie_C

I can empathize.