First Marketing ad campaign prep

Discussion in 'VeriTalk' started by effectsToCause, Feb 10, 2017.

1. effectsToCause

effectsToCause VeriCoin Creator Administrator

Hey Guys,
    Just got off the phone with Kevin from Blue Lynx Marketing.
    Really good conversation.
    He's going to come into the community chat room next week in rocket chat, if you've done work for VeriCoin, aren't in there and want to be part of process get in there. He's coming to get in touch with you guys about, links you have, resources, ad ideas, to help build out their ads and resource material with.
    He's going to email me a day probably before noon EST that he will come in there next week to make contact with you guys, go over the strategy and get ideas and feedback from you guys.

He hired a veteran ad maker who has done ads for pepsi, world of warcraft etc. who is going to be creating our first display ad campaign targeted to the crypto community primarily.

He and his team will also be filling out the vericoin resources site with links, the ads and info they gather and get from you guys.

Meanwhile they are working on a more mainstream targeted ad campaign targeting fintech investors primarily where they will hire a writer to write a blockchain basics white paper of sorts to introduce them to crytpo with then follow up with intro to VeriCoin

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. Veri-MAD

Veri-MAD Forum Staff

Great to hear Doug, looking forward to the future of Vericoin and Verium.

effectsToCause and Janek like this.
  3. Vishera

Vishera @Vishera310 Forum Staff

If this guy has done ad campaigns for Pepsi and World of Warcraft that sounds promising, I look forward to seeing ads targeted towards the cryptocurrency community from this ad marketing campaign. When do you think this stuff will start being displayed to these communities. And can you give us a more specific time and date when he will be in the rocket chat community so we can give him ideas. I also think we should make a form thread and start brainstorming ideas right now together.

I also want to know what's is going on with verium. Will we make an application so very um can have an actual real world used to it rather than a digital commodity that's that's in our wallet.

Ernie_C likes this.
  4. Janek

Janek Janek VeriIncredible

https://vericoin.rocket.chat/
    [​IMG]

5. effectsToCause

effectsToCause VeriCoin Creator Administrator

Yes Kevin is scheduled for the community chat at 11AM EST Wednesday. One of Verium's primary use cases will be privacy of your value.

6. Vishera

Okay so that's 10 o'clock a.m. Central Time for me on Wednesday I will try to wake up and see what y'all are all talking about. I'll set a alarm.

effectsToCause likes this.
  7. Veri-MAD

Veri-MAD Forum Staff

Was really impressed with Kevin at Blue Lynx Marketing today in chat. He has some strong ideas on where to take Vericoin and Verium with the marketing campaign. Definitely excited for the future!

effectsToCause likes this.
  8. andreshemp

andreshemp Member

did not get to watch the chat due to the day job.

9. Vishera

I had my alarm set, when it went off I turned it off and somehow I fell back asleep

10. plutopark

plutopark VeriNew

Where can a person get progress report of the campaign rollout? So far, the crypto community does not look very impressed.

11. Vishera

Interesting question. We need somebody to send out progress reports as to what exactly this ad campaign is doing.

12. verijane

verijane Member

[​IMG]

13. veryveriviral

veryveriviral VeriCoin Marketing/PR/Media Forum Staff

Lots of things in the works. :)

Nine10toes and pi933 like this.
  14. Ernie_C

Ernie_C ☆ Verified ☆ Forum Staff

Any word on how the ad campaign is going? I kind of figured it would be up and running at this point. Do you know if they're going to be putting out press releases at all? That's where VRC could gain some credibility with the community, IMO. PR Newswire, Business Wire, Cision, etc. could be a good way to get the word out.

15. SOOSHI

SOOSHI Member

Even though I'm very curious VV said lot's of stuff in the works. I feel like the marketcap for VRC could easily go way higher.

Looking at the technicals only, you can clearly see it's not the only thing a coin needs. Just look at BTCD or Komodo, low market cap but high tech and lot's of stuff coming.

Same with VRC, great coin, good devs, but what it lacks is MARKETING.

This is something that for instance Dash has done right. THey had a huge premine, changed their name to Dash, now they put aside 50% (if im correct) of the miner rewards for a treasury to pay for proposals and marketing etc. really does the job wel.

I feel with good marketing we can make stuff happen for VRC, the thing is where does the money come from to do this?

If there is no plan for where the money will come from to do something like this then perhaps it's a good idea to talk & think about this?

16. Veri-MAD

Veri-MAD Forum Staff

Talked to Kevin and he is still working away on the ad campaigno_O:)

Ernie_C likes this.
  17. Vishera

It takes more time than we all thought I guess.

It's been like 4 months? Since we got word that there was a campaign being planned? Thinking of that that's not much time at all.

18. Ernie_C

That's good to know but I wonder why it's taking so long. I did an internship at a marketing company and judging from what I learned there I think that things could definitely be moving along more quickly. However, I don't know what his staffing situation is or how much of it he might be outsourcing, if he is at all (I haven't done any due diligence on Blue Lynx Marketing), so I suppose it's difficult to determine what the timetable should be for the whole project. Either way, I appreciate the information so thank you!

19. Ernie_C

It is in the world of digital marketing, though. I've seen PPC campaigns, including all of the banners and what-not, set up in under a week. Of course, that was with outsourced creatives so maybe the folks at Blue Lynx are just really meticulous and are trying to get it all hashed out to absolute perfection. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but would still hope to see something soon.

20. Veri-MAD

Veri-MAD Forum Staff

Yes, I agree it could be faster. I've seen some of the work Kevin is doing and it does look top notch. I'm not doing the work so I can't really judge

Ernie_C likes this.