Did I just send my VRC into the wilderness?

Discussion in 'VeriCoin Support' started by Matt Rainey, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Matt Rainey

Matt Rainey Dude VeriSocial

Logged into my wallet (1.6.5.1) for the first time in months. Attempted to send some Vericoin. It's status is 0/Unconfirmed. Wallet says in sync and staking, but I'm also looking at 0 active connections to the Vericoin network...

The survey says...
    a) just wait
    b) I'm f'd
    c) stop doing dumb things and do this smart thing

Thanks, wise sage(s)

2. pnosker

pnosker Administrator

Once you're connected and synced you can rescan and they will be back. If you are having trouble connecting, reload the chain and make sure your VeriCoin.Conf isn't empty.

3. Matt Rainey

Thanks for the prompt response, Head Honcho - I'll get right on that.

4. Matt Rainey

Reloaded the blockchain, but the problem persists. It says I am in sync and staking, but 0 connections still.

So I found my .conf file (took a while and was harder than I remember it being to locate)...it's from June 2015. I don't know how to open it and check if it's empty. My hero may need to break it down Barney style for the layman.

5. pnosker

pnosker Administrator

6. Matt Rainey

Wasn't quite sure how to just download the just the .conf file. When I came back to my wallet later, it prompted me to download 1.6.5.5 which had a .conf file in it...so I did that. I've seen, for a brief moment, 1 connection. My transaction still shows as unconfirmed. I appreciate your prompt responses.

7. pnosker

pnosker Administrator

Ah yes, if you weren't on the latest version, use the file menu option to reload blockchain too.

8. Matt Rainey

I've downloaded and installed 1.6.5.5 twice. It showed 1.6.5.1 in the bottom left corner of the wallet, so I was just double checking after reloading the blockchain didn't work the first time. It didn't work the second time either. Wallet still shows me as in sync and staking with 0 active connections. My transaction still shows: Status: 0/unconfirmed.

Any more ideas?

9. pnosker

pnosker Administrator

Sounds like your wallet wasn't properly uninstalling during the upgrade. Backup your wallet.dat and then uninstall VeriCoin. Download the latest at vericoin.info and let me know if that gets you on 1.6.5.5. If it does, reload blockchain.

10. CesVeriCoin1782

CesVeriCoin1782 VeriSocial

I'm Having the same issues with my VeriCoin wallet! 1.6.5.5! I just send 15k Plus of VeriCoin from Polo to My Vericoin wallet! The Block explores see my Vericoins but my Wallet shows QTY: 0 Vericoin! Also I show 0 Connection to vericoin Network! I Already update the vericoin.conf file with the nodes! I also rescanned the wallet and still nothing! Now I'm redownloading the Blockchain and hopefully I get something with this Wallet!!!! please help!

Thanks,
    CesVeriCoin1782

11. pnosker

pnosker Administrator

Check your firewall and router settings. Where did you put the vericoin.conf file? Can you post a screenshot of your folder containing it? It should be the same folder as the one containing wallet.dat.