A Veri Warm Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'VeriTalk' started by VCFAdmin, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Vishera

Vishera @Vishera310 Forum Staff

Well then welcome to the great community.

veryveriviral likes this.
  2. veryveriviral

veryveriviral VeriCoin Marketing/PR/Media Forum Staff

@Nine10toes - Welcome to the forums dude! I used to live in Calgary for 7 years.

B.C., Alberta, Banff and the Rocky Mountains are gorgeous! :cool:

Vishera likes this.
  3. Nine10toes

Nine10toes Veri Dedicated

Thanks Jay, Im from Vancouver Island. Calgary is awesome city for sure. I did door to door sales there two summers ago. Crazy place to be in a flood

Vishera and veryveriviral like this.
  4. veryveriviral

Vancouver Island eh?

I've heard about those legendary Houseboat parties... :whistle:

Vishera likes this.
  5. Nine10toes

What you heard, all lies. No apperantly they are the bomb, I live down the road from Lake Cowichan, they rent them out all the time. They get crazy, but Ive never witnessed one myself

veryveriviral and Vishera like this.
  6. Nine10toes

Thank you for the warm welcome

7. cryptoArmanNL

cryptoArmanNL Veri Dedicated

I am using the forum for two weaks now and its awesome. I am from the Netherlands and was in Vericoin from the beginning in may and sold not one Vericoin. Its nice to see the communication with other people from different countries. I see that everybody on the forum is ready to help Vericoin making a great succes. I am very happy to be part of.:thumbsup:

8. ATCkit

ATCkit VeriNew

Hello everyone, I've been around crypto since Dec 2013...started with LTC mining. Now, I mine only BTC and invest some of the income in various alt coins. Since August, I've been interested in Crypto 2.0 projects and trying to decide which one has the most promise. For me, SuperNet will likely be a leader or at least a strong competitor in the 2.0 world...primarily because it ties in unique features from various coins. Consequently, I have bought some SuperNet...but put more into BTCD because I like the idea of POS coins and the functions that BTCD provides as a core SuperNet coin.
    I am looking for other POS coins...especially those connected to SuperNet. Sure BlackCoin seems interesting and has a few nice features- but it pretty much stands alone...and therefore may not survive over the long haul unless it makes a ton of innovation. So, I have been watching others including Vericoin.
    Vericoin has peaked my interest more than any other POS coins recently...mainly because of its upward trend in the market. I am trying to decide if I should buy into Vericoin because of its link to SuperNet family and its market climb...or if should buy into another POS coin with SMS technology, and ability to "bank the underbanked" etc.
    I don't mean to be disrespectful with the following questions. I'm just trying to get my head around why i would invest in VeriCoin as opposed to say NuBits, Rimbit, BitStake, BitSwift, NetCoin etc.... or simply just invest more in BTCD.
    Other than being part of the Supernet family, what VeriCoin features are unique/innovative to make it stand above other alt coins? What does VeriCoin offer to the SuperNet family?

veryveriviral, Rekatan and Vishera like this.
  9. Rekatan

Rekatan Minesweeper Forum Staff

@ATCkit

First off welcome to the community! This is a great bunch. Don't be afraid to ask tons of questions - we're all here to help. Second, definitely no disrespect taken at all. If we don't all ask similar questions, how can we be confident we're supporting a project that's worth supporting? Any crypto community that gets defensive when those questions are asked, either has blinders on regarding their investment, or something to hide.

I would say one thing that rarely gets mentioned about Vericoin is its overall package. If you work with the wallet a bit you'll notice it has TONS of features. There's all sorts of alts that are great at one thing or another, but Vericoin manages to incorporate a wide variety of features that range from true hardcore cryptoenthusiast features such as mix ins, to more laymen friendly features like an integrated backup feature, auto bootstrapping during first startup (less than 5 minutes on my most recent test, from first wallet startup to fully synced), and in-wallet charts.

In terms of truly unique features, the big one is going to be Veribit - converts Vericoin to Bitcoin automatically, allowing you to input a Bitcoin wallet address when sending Vericoin, and the recipient will receive Bitcoin none the wiser. Technically, this makes Vericoin the most widely accepted altcoin out there, even if most Bitcoin accepting merchants don't know it :) .

You'll probably hear quite a few other examples of what makes VRC unique, but really my biggest recommendation is to just download the wallet and see it for yourself. We've worked really hard to make an intuitive wallet that delivers tons of functionality without becoming clunky.

10. Vishera

Couldn't have said it better myself. xD Thanks @Rekatan

11. ATCkit

ATCkit VeriNew

THX :) Hmmm...VeriBit seems very interesting.
    So let's say I already had a Xapo debit Card. I'm at at the mall and see something i really need, but I am low on BTC on my Xapo Debit Card. Could I use my mobile and send some VRC to my Xapo BTC address? Then in a few minutes I could go into a store and spend btc which actually originated from my VeriCoin wallet. Have I got the concept right?
    Speaking of debit cards, are there plans to create a VeriCoin debit card which auto converts into fiat if i make a purchase at a brick and mortar store?

12. souljah1h

souljah1h infinite potential Forum Staff

Made a topic about it yesterday, link https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/half-anon-cryptocards.969/

Vishera likes this.
  13. ATCkit

ATCkit VeriNew

Ah..VeriCool :)

Vishera likes this.
  14. Vishera

Yes you have the concept right. If the merchant accepted BitCoin however, no need to use Xapo, just send VeriCoin to that BitCoin address and VeriBit takes care of the rest.

15. ATCkit

ATCkit VeriNew

Cool. In essence, VeriCoin is a flexible btc savings account...and it pays higher interest than BLK.

veryveriviral, Rekatan and Vishera like this.
  16. Vishera

Yes, VeriCoin earns more interest than most Fiat Savings accounts. (I'm only earning 0.02% @ my bank, pretty pathetic)

On top of that VeriCoin is probably the most spendable Coin besides BitCoin itself. Once we get the card for VeriCoin, there won't be a merchant that can't accept it! Assuming that it works like Xapo and converts crypto into Fiat for them...

17. Nine10toes

This Hangout the Devs talk about their role in the SuperNet
    Its a good watch if you are doing research

18. Vishera

Don't think I saw that one. I'll have to check it out. Thx.

19. Nine10toes

Hello, going over your post you mention POS coins intrest you. I like these types of coins. What attracts you to them? Thank you

20. veryveriviral

Welcome to the forums @ATCkit

@Rekatan pretty much nailed it.

I would also add that VeriCoin also has a Network Stake-Dependent Interest rate.

The premise is that the more people who stake their coins - the higher the interest percentage climbs for everyone.

In that respect - it really is a "community" coin.

Plus we've been through hell and we're still here working harder than ever.

Actually, dare I say, optimistic about the future???

Welcome! :cool:

Vishera likes this.